The church has been served by six senior pastors since it's founding in 1952: Paul Gelatt (1952-1959), Leonard Travis (1959-1975), M. Donald Currey (1976-1981), Tom Hamilton (1981-1994), Robert L. Lemon (1995-2007), and David Mathews (2008-present).
FOUNDATION | 1952
Faith Baptist Church began in Vienna in March of 1952. Meeting first in a private home, the church soon moved into the old Vienna Town Hall. Early growth made it necessary to move the meetings once more to a larger space at Vienna Elementary School. The church was chartered as a self-governed, independent, fundamental Baptist Church on September 3, 1952, with 26 members.
CONSTRUCTION | 1953-1957
On July 1, 1953, the present church site at 301 Center Street South was purchased for $7500. A two story facility was erected and construction completed in January 1957, and the young congregation moved into their own building for the first time. At that time, the upper story served as the sanctuary and multi-purpose room.
In 1960, the church completed construction on the parsonage, located on the adjoining lot at 114 Locust Street.
EXPANSION | 1966-1990
As the church grew, so did the need for more space. In 1966, a new sanctuary was built and was dedicated on October 2nd.
In 1990, the church added an adjoining multipurpose facility, including the gymnasium, kitchen, library, class rooms, office space, and foyer.
REBIRTH | 2009
This exciting time of revitalization is focused on evangelism and dicipleship within the Vienna Community. Our church has started Faith Community Institute, a program designed to meet people's needs and reach out to them. We also began offering free counseling services to our church and community. As we celebrate our 60th Anniversarry in 2012, our goal is to build a Biblical church that loves God and serves the local community where God placed us.
We invite you to come, see what we're up to and find a way to get involved with God's work here in Vienna at Faith.